Celestron CGX 800 EdgeHD Telescope
Celestron CGX 800 EdgeHD Telescope
*Celestron USA Edition, Item Is QC And Check From Celestron USA*
CGX 800 HD combines Celestron's CGX computerized equatorial mount with its acclaimed EdgeHD optical system. With 8 inches of aperture and our premium StarBright XLT coatings, the CGX 800 HD gives you over 800 times the light gathering power than the unaided eye and is the lightest and most portable telescope in its class.
See the Universe in HD
EdgeHD is an aplanatic, flat field Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope that produces aberration-free images across a wide visual and photographic field of view. The optical system was designed to reduce more than just off-axis star coma; it also provides an astrograph-quality flat focal plane all the way to the edge of the field of view.
True Astrograph Quality
Many optical designs that advertise themselves as "astrographs" actually only produce pinpoint stars across a curved focal plane. While this may be acceptable for some visual observing, stars will appear out of focus at the edge when used with the flat chip sensor of a digital camera. EdgeHD optics produce a focal plane more than three-times flatter than a standard Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope and dramatically flatter than competing coma-free designs. This guarantees you visibly sharp stars across some of the largest CCD chips available today. Learn more about EdgeHD technology.
Superior edge performance not only creates rounder, more pleasing stars, but actually improves the resolution and limiting magnitude when compared to telescopes of equal aperture. With Celestron’s StarBright XLT optical coatings on every surface, EdgeHD optics gives you maximum light throughput across the widest visual and photographic spectrum.
In addition to EdgeHD’s optimized optical design, the telescope tube has been redesigned to make sure you get the most from your optics each and every night.
- Mirror clutches - Flexible tension clutches hold the mirror in place and reduce image shift when taking long exposure astro-images. Once focused, the flexible rods allow the mirror to be held in place without putting any force or pressure on the mirror assembly, keeping the image centered in the eyepiece (or on the sensor).
- Tube vents - Cooling vents located on the rear cell allow hot air to be released from behind the primary mirror. Each vent has an integrated 50-mesh filter guaranteed to let warm air out without letting dust in.
- Fastar versatility - EdgeHD is the most versatile imaging telescope available today. At its native f/10, you can achieve the image scale necessary to capture the smallest of deep sky objects. Add the optional reducer lens—custom-designed for your size EdgeHD tube—and you can increase your field of view without sacrificing optical performance. A Barlow gives you added power for high-resolution planetary, lunar and solar imaging. All EdgeHD optical tubes are Fastar-compatible, allowing the secondary mirror to be removed and replaced with a third party lens accessory for ultra-fast f/2 wide field imaging.
Every EdgeHD that ships has been tested not only for the surface quality of each optical component, but also with a camera and artificial star to ensure the imaging system meets our rigid quality assurance. This “final acceptance test” confirms the EdgeHD will perform in the field and deliver high-quality astroimages.
Celestron’s workhorse CGEM mount lineup has been the German Equatorial backbone for telescopes ranging from 6 to 11 inches of aperture. Since that time, many more astro-imagers and planetarium controlled setups have emerged as backyard telescope technology has evolved. Celestron’s engineering team applied their years of experience designing German Equatorial mounts to the CGX EQ, a culmination of all the advancements made to our technologies, value, and ease-of-use.
The CGX was designed to better support your telescope for both visual and astro-imaging pursuits. Key design goals included a lower profile EQ head, which provides a more compact and therefore more stable setup; a better drive system; remote operation-friendly with home and limit optical sensors; easier polar alignment adjustments; and better cable management. In addition to that, we’ve made mechanical and ergonomic improvements throughout to make the mount sturdier, easier to use, and transport. The CGX is our Equatorial backbone to support a wide range of telescopes
Anaplatic Schmidt Cassegrain Optical Design
Anaplatic Schmidt Cassegrain Telescope Is Among The Latest New Design In Optical Technology. It Combines Best Of Refractor & Reflector To Minimize The Size Allowing Large Aperature Telescope To Be Compacted Into A Small Housing. It Has Better Optical Performance Than Most Reflector And Also Chromatic Aberation Free. New Intergrated Corrected Lens Allow A Flat And Coma Free View
Starbright® XLT Coating Technology
Celestron Starbright® XLT Coating Technology Is Latest Optical Multi-Coating Technology. Utilizing The Best Multi-Coating Technology, This Allow Light Transmission Of Over 97.4% Over Spectrum Of 450nm ~ 750nm. Celestron Starbright® XLT Coating Is The Highest Performance Coating In The Market
High Quality Included Accessories
Celestron Edge HD Telescope Series Includes High Quality 23mm 2'' Luminos Eyepiece & High Peformance 2'' Diagonal For Best Viewing Experience
CGX Computerized Equatorial Mount
- 8'' (203mm) F/10 Anaplatic Coma Free Schmidt Cassegrain Optical Telescope
- F/10 Focal Ratio
- 2032mm Focal Length
- Starbright XLT Multi-Coating
- 0.57 Arc Seconds Resolution
- 480X Maximum Magnification
- 843X Light Gathering Power
- 9.77% Secondary Mirror Obstruction Area
- CGE Dovetail Bar
- Celestron EdgeHD 800'' Optical Tube
- Celestron CGX Equatorial Mount
- 9x50 Achromatic Finder Scope
- 40mm E-Lux Plossl Eyepiece
- 2x 5Kg Counterweight
- 1.25'' Star Diagonal
- 2 Years Warranty