Levenhuk Strike 1000 Pro Telescope
Levenhuk Strike 1000 Pro Telescope
Levenhuk Strike 1000 PRO is the most advanced model in the Strike PRO series for advanced astronomers. It performs well both during planetary observations and study of deep-sky objects. Its 102-millimeter (4-inch) objective lens gathers so much light - 28% more than a 90-mm (3.5-in) objective lens, to be precise - that you can observe stars up to 12.0 stellar magnitude. That means you can study distant galaxies, nebulae, star clusters and so much more. Its focal length of 1300 millimeters provides very detailed views of planetary surfaces. But it is still a compact and lightweight model that you can easily carry to the countryside to enjoy the clear starry sky.
Levenhuk Strike 1000 PRO will become indispensable for experienced astronomers. Its tube is set up on a German equatorial mount EQ2, complete with slow-motion controls. You have to align an equatorial mount before your observations, but it is far more useful than an altazimuth mount during observations of moving objects. It has special setting circles that allow you to point your telescope to a celestial object using its celestial coordinates. It also compensates for the daily rotation of Earth with just a turn of a slow-motion control. You can even install an equatorial computerized drive system! The mount is set up on an adjustable tripod with an accessory tray.
High-quality optics for best results. The 102-millimeter (4-inch) objective lens and the fully multi-coated optics gather and transmit enough light for really bright and sharp views of celestial objects. Levenhuk eyepieces supplied in the kit are made to the highest standard and significantly expand the capabilities of your telescope. The T-thread on the focuser allows you to attach a camera to your telescope through a special adapter (purchased separately), so you can capture the most impressive views during your observations.
Astrophotos of the Sun and the Moon taken with Levenhuk Strike 1000 PRO and a DSLR camera by Roy and Jodi McCullough:
A truly advanced kit of Strike PRO Telescopes. All the telescopes from Strike PRO series are supplied with the standard kit of Strike models with some really useful extras that will allow you to venture deeper into cosmos during your astronomical observations. In addition to printed materials, additional eyepieces, a compass and planetarium software, you will also find the following extras in your kit: a 6.3 millimeter (1/4-inch) Plössl eyepiece, a 2x Barlow lens, a set of filters, lunar and solar filters, and a wonderful Levenhuk Zongo 60 Telescope Case. The telescope comes in a colorful box.
No other telescope has as many extras supplied in its standard kit, which makes Levenhuk Strike PRO Telescopes even more appealing for astronomers ready to learn more about the universe around them. With such an advanced kit, you can begin uncovering the mysteries of space right after unpacking your new telescope!
Amazing kit of a Levenhuk Strike PRO Telescope:
1. "See it all!" Astronomer's Handbook. This practical handbook will come in handy for amateur stargazers and those who want to brush up on their knowledge of the universe. The book contains detailed information on 280 celestial objects, their images (in color), star charts and other pictures. You will also find some information on various optical designs of telescopes.
2. Stellarium. This is 3D planetarium software that allows you to plan your observations and explore the night sky several years in the future. The database contains over 600,000 constellations, stars, comets, planets and their satellites and much, much more.
3. Space Posters Set (Moon, Sun and Other Stars, Solar System). These high-quality colorful posters contain interesting information about celestial bodies. Illustrations and captions present this information in an easy-to-read format. The posters are 84x60 cm (33x24 in).
4. Planisphere is a rotating star chart that lets you see the way stars have aligned a few centuries in the past or, if you wish, a hundred years in the future. All you need to do is align the viewer and the star chart, providing a date and time.
5. Compass. At times, even astronomers need a compass. Before you begin your observations, you always have to get yourself oriented to the Northern Pole. It is much easier when you have a compass ready! And after you find Polaris by the Northern Pole, you will see familiar constellations and other stars.
6. 6.3 mm Plössl eyepiece. This practical eyepiece yields high magnifications that allow you to study the Moon and planets of the Solar System in detail. All the optical elements are made of fully multi-coated glass and provide very bright and sharp images.
7. 2x Barlow lens. A Barlow lens is capable of doubling the focal length of the telescope, therefore doubling the magnification of your eyepieces. This makes your views of the Moon and planets even more detailed. A Barlow lens has to be placed before the eyepiece and does not reduce the resulting quality of your views.
8. Set of filters. These four filters may be used during planetary observations. They enhance the features of observed objects, which allows you to see even more details on the planetary surface.
9. Lunar filter. This filter reduces the glare of the lunar surface during observations. It does not reduce the quality of the resulting image nor does it change the natural colors of the Moon, but enhances every detail of lunar craters and highlands.
10. Solar filter. This filter is made of special Baader Planetarium AstroSolar Visual film that absorbs radiation from the sun and allows for comfortable observations of the star without any decrease in quality of the resulting image. Under no circumstances should you observe the Sun without a solar filter, as this may cause permanent retinal damage.
11. Levenhuk Zongo 60 Telescope Case. This case is made of a sturdy waterproof material, and the padded lining protects the telescope from impact. It is also fitted with handle straps, full-length zippers and separate compartments for the mount and accessories.
- Maksutov Cassegrain Optical Design
- 102mm Primary Mirror (4'' Aperature)
- Mountable To Camera Tripod (1/4-20 Threaded)
- 1300mm Focal Length
- F/12.8Focal Ratio
- Central Obstruction By Diameter : 30mm
- Central Obstruction By Area : 9%
- 240X Maximum Useful Magnification
- 212X Light Gathering Power
- 12.0 Limiting Magnitude
- 1.16 Arc Seconds Resolution
- Equatorial Mount (EQ-2 Class)
- Motorize : Yes (Optional)
- Total Assambled Weight : 12.0 Kg
The kit includes:
- Levenhuk Strike PRO telescope on a German equatorial mount
- Aluminum tripod
- Eyepieces: SUPER 10 mm, SUPER 25 mm
- An additional Plössl 6.3 mm eyepiece
- 2x Barlow lens
- Set of filters - 4 Planetary Colour Filter
- Lunar filter
- Baader Astrosolar filter
- Red Dot finder scope
- Diagonal mirror
- "See it all!" Astronomer's Handbook with descriptions of 280 celestial objects
- Space Posters Set (Moon, Sun and Other Stars, Solar System)
- Stellarium software CD to assist you during your astronomical observations
- Levenhuk Telescope Waterproof Case
- Levenhuk Tripod Waterproof Case
- User manual and lifetime international warranty